Our Office Is Open and Ready to Hear Your Case – Call 678-226-1994 for Immediate Assistance – FREE Consultation!

What to Do if You’re in a Car Accident While on Vacation

Free Cases Consultation

What to Do if You’re in a Car Accident While on Vacation

Car Accident Lawyers in Norcross, GA

Vacations are times for escaping, relaxing, celebrating and exploring. But what if things don’t go as planned? Unfortunately, car accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. Getting into a car accident can be a scary time, and even more so in an unfamiliar place.

If you are involved in an out-of-state accident, it is still important to follow these steps at the scene:

  • Call 911 to report the accident and any injuries.
  • Photograph the accident scene and all damages on all vehicles involved.
  • Exchange personal and insurance information with other drivers.
  • Contact your insurance company.

The most confusing part of an accident that happens while on vacation is knowing how your insurance policy works in other states. You may want to check your insurance policy before going on vacation to learn where and how claims can be filed.

Out-Of-State Insurance Coverage

Rest assured, most insurance policies cover a driver all throughout the United States and beyond. This means if you’re from Georgia and on vacation in Tennessee or Florida, you should be covered by your insurance. Again, before leaving for vacation, check your policy. That way, you know the facts if there’s an emergency.

You should not face difficulty reporting your out-of-state claim, as it will be just like filing an in-state claim. Your insurance company will assign you an insurance adjustor from your home state or where the accident occurred, depending on your policy.

If your vehicle needs repairs to be able to drive home, your insurance company will typically provide you with towing support, help you find trusted mechanics to work on your vehicle, and locate adjusters to help you with any additional questions. Be sure to ask what is and is not covered by your policy so you do not get any unexpected charges that you do not want.

Filing and Insurance Claim for an Out-of-State Accident

If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, you may want to talk to a lawyer – like the Norcross personal injury attorneys at The Musgrove Trial Firm – for guidance about your case. You will need to know whether to file in your state or where the accident occurred, which will depend on the laws set by the state where the accident took place.

Contact The Musgrove Trial Firm If You’re in an Accident While on Vacation

Accidents that occur out-of-state can be a little more confusing. Contact the experienced car accident attorneys at The Musgrove Trial Firm for help with your out-of-state injury claim. If you have any additional questions or are ready to get your claim started, fill out our free case evaluation form online or give us a call at (678) 226-1994 with any questions or concerns.